Rosemary bread recipe

The first recipe I share is of a rosemary bread. I modified a bit the recipe I found on allrecipes shared by Jo. I found the original recipe too watery, and the "Italian seasoning" as an ingredient is very vague. Here's my version of this soft, fluffy bread.

Ingredients:

  • 220 ml water
  • 20 ml milk
  • 1.5 tsp sugar
  • 1.5 tsp salt
  • 150 g Manitoba flour 
  • 270 g wheat flour (all purpose / bread / tipo 0 / T55 / Euro 550)
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
  • 3-4 leaves of fresh sage, chopped
  • 12 g fresh yeast

Comments: 

  • You can use a total of 420 g of common wheat flour if you don't have Manitoba flour. 
  • If you don't have fresh herbs, you can always use dried ones. 
  • Plus, to achieve a fancy look of your bread, you can add some extra rosemary on top of the dough when the kneading phase ends, at the beginning of the rising period.

Settings:

  • Program: 7 Sweet Bread
  • Weight: 750 g
  • Crust colour: dark

As you can see, even with the dark crust colour setting, my bread came out quite white, but it's nicely crunchy. The texture of the bread is very soft, fluffy and elastic. 

Even though I used the 750 g setting, this bread rises tall in the bread pan like a full kg of bread and weights only 620 g.

If you find this recipe useful, please let me know in the comments. Also, if you have other tips, tricks or ideas on how to make this recipe better, let me know in the comments below. This way we can all help each other.

Did you notice the white cheese cream in the photo? Next time I'll be sharing the recipe of that. (Yes, I made it with the bread maker!) Until then, enjoy your rosemary bread!

Comments