Half brown bread

This was my most standard, go-to bread in Hungary. Half brown bread contains some rye flour and that's what gives it a slightly darker colour and a bit of a bittersweet taste. It also makes the bread last (fresh) a bit longer compared to white bread. Here in Italy, it seems very difficult to buy rye flour in the supermarkets, but I managed to get some and so I baked this nice loaf of bread to have it with an omlette. I used this recipe but modified it so much for my purposes that only the quantities of the flour and the water remained the same as in the original recipe.

Ingredients:

  • 300 ml water
  • 25 ml olive oil
  • 1 1/4 tsp salt (6 g)
  • 1 tbsp sugar (14 g)
  • 360 g wheat flour (all purpose / bread / tipo 0 / T55 / Euro 550)
  • 70 g whole grain rye flour
  • 70 g manitoba flour (or standard wheat flour if you don't have manitoba)
  • 15 g fresh yeast 

Settings:

  • Program: 6 French Bread
  • Weight: 750 g
  • Crust colour: dark


If you try this recipe, please let me know in the comments how your it turned out.

Comments