Dinner bread with mixed seeds

Post updated on 12th September 2023: adding mixed seeds


I love this bread for my dinners. It is slightly salty, which makes it different from my usual breads, but you can reduce the salt quantity if you like (see the instructions below). It also has a special colour, a bit brownish, since I added some whole wheat flour to make it a bit healthier. I only made small changes to the original (French bread) recipe (find it here: Salad in a Jar), yet there is a noticeable difference both in the look and in the taste. And the last time I made this bread, I also added mixed seeds to it which makes this bread even more special. I highly recommend adding the seeds. Mine is a mix of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, linseeds and sesame seeds.

Dinner bread with mixed seeds

Dinner bread without seeds
Ingredients:

  • 230 ml water
  • 1–1.5* tsp salt
  • 1.5 tsp sugar
  • 12 g butter (chopped to small cubes)
  • 70 g whole wheat flour
  • 200 g wheat flour (all purpose / bread / tipo 0 / T55 / Euro 550)
  • 100 g manitoba flour (or standard wheat flour if you prefer)
  • 10 g fresh yeast 
  • 70 g mixed seeds (optional)

*With 1.5 tsp of salt the bread will be slightly salty, which I like a lot. You can, however, reduce the amount of salt to 1 tsp if you prefer a neutral taste.

Plain bread without seeds

Settings:

  • Program: 6 French Bread
  • Weight: 500 g
  • Crust colour: light

The total weight of the loaf after it is baked is 570 g, or 625 g if you also added the seeds.

I hope you will like this bread!
Let me know in the comments how your bread turned out.

Comments